Our Mission... The Michigan Art Education Association's mission is to promote quality visual arts education through leadership, service, and professional development.
We are very proud that the on-line registration for MAEA 2014 Conference in Lansing, MI is up and running!
There are many wonderful limited and unlimited workshops.
Please register ASAP to reserve your spots for limited sessions, meals, and tours. We look forward to seeing you at the Lansing Center and Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol.
To view a PDF of the 2014 Conference Workshops - click here
Fall Conference 2014
Dear MAEA Membership,
2014 is a Year of Change. With many new volunteers on board, the 2014 Conference has many new faces learning the ropes. We are working hard to disseminate information to you, the art teachers of Michigan.
Currently our team is in the process of producing our publications for you. It will be complete as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience through this process of transition, and hope you will check back in soon (http://www.miarted.org/sitepage.asp?page=conference2014) to register.
In the mean time, we recommend you:
a) Double check that your NAEA/MAEA membership is current.
b) Ask for the days off with your administration.
c) Reserve your substitute teacher for Nov. 13-16.
d) Make your room reservations for Lansing (information is at the address above).
If you are planning on your conference budget, please know that the cost will be $165 for current and new teachers (plus hotel, workshop fees & food).
We look forward to seeing you in Lansing this November!
The 2014 Conference Team
Get Ready for the 2014 Conference!
Some 2014 Conference Items:
1) K-12 Ceramic Exhibition Presentation - Include photos of your students’ work in the Kids ‘n’ Clay presentation at the conference. You won’t have to bring your student work to Lansing or worry about the breakage. Send a jpeg of student work as early as possible to Darcy Schreiber at: Kidsnclay2014@gmail.com
· Teachers may submit up to five pieces per level. Only one per student.
· Please don’t send more than two images for each piece.
· All pieces should be photographed with a white background.
· Include Title, Student Name, Grade, School, Teacher Name with the images in the same email as the jpg photos.
DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 3, 2014.
2) Do you know someone wanting to sell art & crafts at the conference? Artisans Gallery information is attached below (see Related File Downloads). The sale is during the Saturday Night Gala at the Radisson.
3) MAEA Membership Show Info – Create a work of art to show at the conference. Drop off your artwork will be at the Lansing Center Banquet Hall 5 & 6 on Friday morning (7-9 am). More information is attached below (see Related File Downloads) for submissions. Bring your own easels, please!
4) Please create Yarnbomb-ed items from your Regions for the Silent Auction – Bring them with you to the conference registration. Proceeds go to the scholarship fund.
5) Garage Sale Reminder – Purge your classroom or home of unwanted teaching supplies. Bring donation items to the conference to sell (for a low cost) to people who may use them. The Garage Sale time and location corresponds with Region Meeting during lunch at the Lansing Center on Nov. 15, 11:30pm – 12:00 pm @ Banquet 1-4.
6) Do you have art or craft you can donate to MAEA? Would you be willing to donate items for the Silent Auction? Maureen Roslanic (Retired Division Chair) is looking for donors. Funds raised by the auction will go toward the student scholarship fund.
7) If you would be willing to volunteer at the conference (to take tickets, etc.) contact Adrienne DeMilner (email@example.com).
8) Contribute Your Photographs of the Conference! Download the App for your smart phone and upload pics with just a few clicks! Use the log-in and password below:
“Please help us document the amazing experiences you will have at the 2014 MAEA Conference this fall in Lansing. We are hoping to capture as much of the conference as possible through your eyes. We’ve set up a Shutterfly account and we’d love it if everyone could take pictures throughout the conference and upload them to our Shutterfly account.“
1. Take pictures at workshops, meals, while enjoying Lansing, during conference meals, or at keynote speaker events.
2. Log in to our group Shutterfly account (you do not create a Shutterfly account):
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Password – maeaconf
3. Upload your pictures to the MAEA14 folder.
4. Enjoy the photos uploaded by other conference attendees.
Download the application for Shutterfly to your smart phone and you can upload your photos instantly!
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you in Lansing on Nov. 13-16.
Projectors Needed! 2014 Conference
This is Jon Gere, art teacher over at Williamston Middle School and a co-chair to Kerry Shadbolt for this year’s Michigan Art Education Association's Annual Conference here in the heart of Michigan, Lansing! We are anticipating about 650 or more teachers in attendance and are currently in the process of gathering up all supplies we can for this large conference and projectors for our presenters are a part of that list. We were wondering if anyone one might have any we could borrow/check out in November for the week of the 9th through the 16th. They will locked up each night in a storage room for safe keeping. Help like this would really be appreciated!
Anyone interested in helping us out with this can feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
For some information on the conference feel free to check out our website, http://www.miarted.org/
Thanks! This would be super helpfull!
Find out what can be done to strengthen arts education in Michigan. Every child in Michigan should have equal access to a comprehensive, balanced and sequential in-school program of instruction in the arts, taught by highly qualified teachers, designed to provide students of all ages with skills and knowledge in the arts in accordance with national and state standards. Read our specific policy recommendations at Michigan Arts Education Policy Agenda.
MAEA NEW Retirees: WORD File
ATTENTION MAEA Retirees! Click here for information you need to know now! Maureen Roslanic at firstname.lastname@example.org
MYAF Exhibit 2014: -PDF File
2014 Youth Arts Festival selections: Here is the final list of the art work that was accepted into the MYAF Visual Art Exhibit.
52nd Annual Michigan Youth Arts: -PDF File
Michigan Youth Arts
2014 Conference Artisans Gallery: -PDF File
Information regarding the Artisans Gallery for the 2014 Conference
2014 Conference Members Show: -PDF File
Information regarding the Members Show for the 2014 Conference